Thursday, August 17, 2017

Mori Girl 30 Day Challenge (Repost of Prompts)

I was recently thinking about redoing the Mori Girl 30 Day challenge that I had completed a number of years ago. Unfortunately, when I went to look for the original by Shady Oaks, it seems to have been deleted. So I've decided to repost all of the prompts here so that the challenge doesn't die out! If anyone can find the original post, then please let me know so I can link it here (it could be that the name of the tumblr has changed, or something like that).

***Update* I forgot to mention when I first posted this that it is not only for mori girls, it works for all mori folk! I replaced the word girl with kei in the list so that it's more neutral, but it was the Mori Girl Challenge when it was created.***

Here are the prompts:

  1. Naturally, our first question is how did you get into Mori Kei?
  2. Who is/are your Mori idols? Who inspires your fashion?
  3. Have you ever lived in a rural environment? If you have, do you think it influenced your Mori-ness? If not, do you think living in a suburban or urban environment influenced your style any?
  4. Name 5 things you love about Mori.
  5. Name 5 things you dislike about Mori.
  6. What sort of things, outside of fashion, do you consider to be a part of a Mori lifestyle?
  7. Are you also into Lolita? I find a lot of Mori Girls do Lolita as well! Whether you are or aren't a Lolita, why do you think this is?
  8. What is your favorite type of plant life? Whether it be tree, bush, flower, fruit or vegetable, why is it so special to you?
  9. List 10 words that remind you of Mori or inspire your Mori life.
  10. What are your favorite books? Do you think they are Mori or not?
  11. Name 5 of your favorite Mori style songs or musicians, even if they're not explicitly "Mori".
  12. Name 5 Mori style hobbies!
  13. What films, if any, inspire your Mori look and life?
  14. Do you like to coordinate the colors in your outfits to match the seasons? What colors do you think are most appropriate for each season, and why, if you'd like to explain?
  15. Post a photo of your favorite personal Mori coordinate.
  16. Post at least 5 photos that inspire you. They don't necessarily need to be fashion!
  17. What’s your favorite season and why?
  18. Are you inspired by any foreign cultures other than Japan? What about them inspires you?
  19. Are you inspired by your own culture? If so, how do you incorporate it? 
  20. How do you feel about the fairly prevalent use of fur in Mori Kei?
  21. Where do you get most of your Mori clothes?
  22. What trends do you see taking the mori girl community by storm soon?
  23. Is your hair long or short? What’s your favorite hairstyle?
  24. Give us a mori girl inspired vignette! (a short, impressionistic scene that focuses on one moment or gives a particular insight into a character, idea, or setting) Don’t fret too hard over it, we’re not all writers by trade, haha. 
  25. What’s your favorite animal and why?
  26. When you’re out in nature, where do you often find yourself? (in the woods, a lake, river, etc. what’s your favorite spot? describe it for us!)
  27. What’s your favorite fairy tale or myth?
  28. Has getting into mori girl changed your perspective on life or how you live at all? how so?
  29. What other fashions are you interested in if any?
  30. Describe your ideal ‘mori day.’
I'll be redoing this challenge soon, in more depth. So stay tuned for that! If you haven't completed it yourself, you should definitely give it a try! It's a lot of fun. If you have completed it, or you do complete it in the future, please send me the link! I'd love to read all of your answers!


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for re-posting this challenge! I had saved the questions somewhere on my computer ages ago, but never got around to doing it ... yet!

    I'm looking forward to seeing your answers and I hope to do my own on my blog too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to revisit the challenge, too! Such a great idea, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh thank you! I'm just starting my mori blog so this is perfect to kickstart it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Link me your blog (if you're alright with that) once you do! I'd love to read your posts!

      Delete
  4. Aw thanks! It's not much yet, but hopefully it will grow. Http://obentomori.blogspot.com (you're on my links list too!)

    ReplyDelete